Since 2011 ADDE has been carrying out the project “From school to life through the virtual enterprise”, having as partners: Virtual Enterprise International New York, Department of Education New York City, City Hall of Sector 1 Bucharest, School Inspectorate of Bucharest, Economic College “V. Madgearu ”Bucharest, Theoretical High School“ N. Iorga ”, Agricultural College“ V. Harness “Bucharest,” Mircea cel Batran “Technical College Bucharest, Theoretical High School” Al. Vlahuta ”, Bucharest,“ Titu Maiorescu ”High School Bucharest, High School Nr. 162, High School no. 179.
The objectives of the project are:
- to familiarize teachers with the concept and practice of virtual enterprises, as an interactive learning method;
- the involvement of the representatives of the business environment in Bucharest in the projects of the schools, in order to ensure educational partnerships;
- valuing the experiences gained for advising and guiding students; perfecting the business language in foreign languages;
- stimulating students’ creativity and recognizing it internationally;
- motivating the students with special results in the practice of the virtual enterprises;
- establishing partnerships with similar schools in the USA and other countries participating in the fair;
- carrying out actions aimed at increasing the prestige of the school locally and internationally;
- knowledge of the American educational system;
- organizing mobilities with students based on educational projects.
As part of this project, at the invitation of the Department of Education of New York, USA, ADDE members participate annually in the International Fair of Virtual Enterprises organized in New York, USA.
The objective of our association, within this project, is to facilitate access to this manifestation of as many teachers from the Bucharest education system, both from theoretical or technological high schools, as well as from secondary schools, as visitors and, at the same time, their familiarization with the concept and practice of the virtual enterprises, as an interactive learning method, meant to develop the entrepreneurial spirit, both to the students and to the teachers, students, high school students as well as representatives of the business environment in Bucharest.
Keeping the tradition of previous years, every year there were visits to different institutions of higher education, such as: Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), but also meetings at the Romanian Consulate in New York, in which students and teachers participated from Romania, romanian graduates and representatives of the Romanian community in New York.