The project “Effective communication and conflict mediation in the school environment” (COMED) aims to achieve through non-formal education, in training workshops, practical skills of effective communication in identifying, preventing and mediating conflicts in the school environment, in order to increase decision-making capacity at the level of management teams in school units and at the level of the verification and control team at the level of ISMB.
The aim of the project consisted in the continuous training for the optimization of the exercise of the formative function, of communication and intra – intersystemic relation and the configuration of the communication expertise in the prevention and mediation of the conflicts in the school environment.
The training sessions were carried out in 26 school units, centers and training branches of CCD Bucharest, distributed in all the 6 sectors at the level of the Municipality of Bucharest and in accredited private educational units. The training sessions were given by 15 trainers.
The main objectives of the project were:
- Development of verbal, paraverbal and nonverbal communication skills in specific situations;
- Solving practical problems raised by communication barriers in the school environment;
- Identifying personal communication style and roles within the team;
- Solving practical problems raised by barriers of high-frequency conflict in the school environment;
- Identifying the specific sources of conflict in the school environment;
- Identifying the conflict-generating emotions associated with a context specific to the relationships between the actors involved in educational communication;
- The use of educational procedures for mediation taking into account the cultural and aptitude differences of the participants;
- Correlation of the intervention strategy in conflict mediation at the level of all partners involved in the educational act.
The target group (590 teachers) consisted of the 505 principals / deputy principals from the state educational units in Bucharest, 50 principals / deputy principals of the accredited private educational units in Bucharest and 45 school inspectors from the Municipality Bucharest. At the level of the 26 training centers, groups of 18-20 students were formed – principals / deputy principals of the state units and of the accredited private educational units. The 45 school inspectors were divided into 3 groups.